WUYE DISTRICT, ABUJA
LIBRARY RESTRUCTURING PLAN
DLIS, DDPCP, BLIS (A.B.U) ZARIA
(MTN Net Library Trainee)
There is no gainsaying the fact that Libraries are essential in very school system, and equipping the Library in any school is a continuous exercise because Libraries are not just made, they grow.
The RFA Library is not an exception amongst other school Libraries all over the world that must be built to meet the standard of the 21st century Library System and that is why this restructuring plan is necessary. The plan is broken down into Short Term and Long Term. But first let’s prioritize the objectives of restructuring the RFA Library.
1. To make the RFA Library System more vibrant
2. To make Students/Staff use the Library more often
3. To make the use of the Library an exciting experience to both the Staff and the Students.
4. To digitize the Library’s services using the Library’s software.
5. Systematizing the organization of the Library’s Resources in adherence to the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme, demystifying it and making it user friendly.
6. Promoting reading habits within the Library’s community.
7. Balancing the Library’s collection in consonance with the School’s curriculum.
8. Assisting the School to achieve its set goals.
9. Equipping the Library with both printed and Electronic materials
10. Making the Library a Virtual Library and a reference point to other School Libraries.
Now let’s take a look at the Short Term Action Plan
SHORT TERM PLAN
a. Installing the Library’s software: - The Library’s software must be installed and shared on the network amongst various computers. This is essential because the users are to use the client module for searching while the Librarian uses the server module for cataloguing. The software is to be installed on the server and shared.
b. Training the Librarian(s): -... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). Library Restructuring Plan. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Library-Restructuring-Plan-622548.html
"Library Restructuring Plan" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Library-Restructuring-Plan-622548.html>.
- MLA 7
"Library Restructuring Plan." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2011. Web. 03 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Library-Restructuring-Plan-622548.html>.
"Library Restructuring Plan." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Library-Restructuring-Plan-622548.html.