(SIX WEEK TRAINING)
* LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
I hereby declare that the project work entitled “Library Management System” is an authentic record of my own work carried out at NIIT Delhi, Pitampura Center as requirements of 6-week summer training for the award of degree of B.E.(Computer Science & Engineering), Thapar University, Patiala, under the guidance of Ms. Jyoti , during 28th May, 2012 to 15th July, 2012.
Signature of Student
28th November, 2012 Vaibhav Ahlawat
Roll Number 101003102
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of Content
Summary of the Project
Introduction to Programming Environment
Conclusion & Future Scope
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
This project entitled “Library Management System” is a Library Management Software for monitoring and controlling the transactions in a library. This project is developed in Java, which mainly focuses on basic operations in a library like adding new member, new books, and updating new information, searching books and members and facility to borrow and return books.
“Library Management System” is a Windows application written for 64-bit Windows Operating System, designed to help users maintain and organize library. This software is easy to use for both beginners and advanced users. It features a familiar and well thought-out, an attractive and easy to use user interface, combined with strong searching, insertion and deletion capabilities. Users can get to know where the book is placed in library, if book is available or not. He/She can get to know fine due on her by just supplying his/her userID. There are many more similar and simple (but of high need) modules in the software.
The software Library Management System has following main modules: * Change of Password
* Adding New Member/Adding New Book
* Removing A Member/Removing A Book
* Issue New Book
* Return A book
* Reserve A book
* Search A User/Book
INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING ENVIRONMENT
Technologies Used are:
* Java is a platform independent, object-oriented, robust, secure and innovative programming language. * It consist of Two Parts
* JVM (Java Virtual Machine), which is software component that is used to execute java programs. * Java API (Application Programming Interface) that consist of inbuilt classes that are used in different programs.
2. Database Programming
* JDBC is Java Database Connectivity that is used for communication between database server and a java application. JDBC is a specification and API that is in programming database applications in java.
3. Windows Programming
* Swings: Swings in java is a rich set of components for building GUIs and adding interactivity to java applications. Swing includes all the components that you would expect from a modern GUI toolkit that is table controls, list controls, tree controls, buttons and labels. The basic architecture of swing is MVC. And are entirely made in java.
4. NetBeans :
NetBeans is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing primarily with Java, but also with other languages, in particular PHP, C/C++, and HTML5. It is also an application platform framework for Java desktop applications and others.
MySQL is the world’s most used open source relational database management system....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document