1.1 . Identify the different reasons why people communicate?
The reasons for People communicating are as follows:
• to express needs and wishes
• to share ideas and information
• to reassure
• to express feelings and/or concerns
• to build relationships and socialise
• to ask questions
• to share experiences
1.2. Explain how communication affects relationships in the work setting.
2.1. Demonstrate how to establish the communication and language
needs, wishes and preferences of individuals.
2.2. Describe the factors to consider when promoting effective
Factors to consider when communicating could be:
• Is the environment adequate for the communication( well lit, quiet, confidential etc.)
• the person have the abilities to understand (dementia, mental health, learning disability)
• adapting your communication for the individual (speak louder, use hand gestures etc.)
• Does the person need an interpreter or family member to be present
• How is the person going to respond to the communication
• Are you invading the individuals personal space
• Do you need to write down questions, for the individual to understand better
• Are you sure of the facts, that you are communicating
Example of “communication methods I use with a client”.
Describe an individual you currently work with:
How long have you known them?
Describe the problems they have with communication
How did you find out about this person’s ability to communicate?
I find out communication needs by:
Describe how you do the following?
Action An example of how I did this
An example of how I did this
2.3. Demonstrate a range of communication methods and styles to meet
individual needs.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 08). Level 3 Health & Social Care Diploma(Adults). StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-3-Health-Social-Care-756131.html
"Level 3 Health & Social Care Diploma(Adults)" StudyMode.com. 08 2011. 08 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-3-Health-Social-Care-756131.html>.
"Level 3 Health & Social Care Diploma(Adults)." StudyMode.com. 08, 2011. Accessed 08, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-3-Health-Social-Care-756131.html.