You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 9 pages and is made up of 9 Sections.
Name: Stefano buttice business and administration level one unit 2
Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used.
|Feature |How / when used | |1. conference features |This function make it possible to speak to multiple people at | | |different time or all together | | | | | | | |2. transfer features |Enables you to transfer calls onto other members of staff or just to| | |another line | | | | | | |
2. Prepare a brief report advising people on:
• How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls • The purpose of giving a positive image of yourself and your organisation when making and receiving telephone calls. If possible, use specific information from procedures in your own organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
How to follow answering a telephone in a company or organisation, when you answer a call you become responsible for the reputation of the business. All calls our received in same way a standard greeting then identifying the caller, which department they require or if it’s a direct line then identifying what they need and giving the best information the customer need or items require to complete there job. Plus as dealing with call just makes sure that you inform the customer of any deals that may interest them. They say you should answer the phone with a smile because it will give a positive feeling to the customer which in turn could relax them and feel more comfortable
Section 2 – Understand how to handle mail
1. Explain the purpose of correctly receiving, checking and sorting mail and packages (both incoming and outgoing).
It’s essential for checking mail as well as mail being essential for an efficient business so it gets to the correct departments e.g. parts department if orders or invoices, sales department if vehicle log books or even keys for vehicle, services department if services books for stamp when service.
2. Complete the table below with the following information:
• At least two examples of internal mail services that are available to organisations • At least two examples of external mail services that are available to organisations...