LESSON PLAN IN BIOLOGY
I. Topic: The Human Organ System
Sub topic: The Respiratory System
1. Identify the parts and functions of human respiratory system. 2. Trace the path of air from the nose to the lungs.
1. Diagram of the Respiratory System.
2. Information’s about the Respiratory System.
3. Manila Paper, Pentel pen
Department of Education, Culture and Sports. Instructional materials Development center. (1990). Science and technology II. ( 1st ed).) ( Secondary Education Development Program Series). Quezon City: IMC pp. 336-338 IV. LEARNING ACTIVITIES
a. Daily Routine
a.2 Checking of attendance
a.3 Checking of the room cleanliness
• Pinch your nose for a while, how does it feel? Can you stay longer without air? Why? b. Lesson Proper
1. Post the Diagram on the board.
2. Put the necessary parts and functions on the diagram on the board. c. Discussion
d. The nostrils: Nostrils are involved in air intake, they bring air into the nose, where air is warmed and humidified. The tiny hairs called cilia filters out dust and other particles present in the air and protects the nasal passage and other regions of the respiratory tract. e. Trachea: The trachea is also known as windpipe. The trachea filters the air we inhale and branches into the bronchi. f. Bronchi: The bronchi are the two air tubes that branch off of from the trachea and carry atmospheric air directly into the lungs. g. Lungs: The main organ of the respiratory system is lungs. Lungs are the site in body where oxygen is taken into and carbon dioxide is expelled out. The red blood cells present in the blood picks up the oxygen in the lungs and carry and distribute the oxygen to all body cells that need it. The red blood cells donate the oxygen to the cells and picks up the carbon dioxide produced by the cells. h. Alveolus: Alveolus is the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document