At the end of the lesson, the students shold be able to:
1. Learn the functions of monostable multivibrator;
2. Apply the knowledge in making their own circuit; and
3. Discriminate the monostable multivibrator from other types of multivibrator.
II. SUBJECT MATTER:
* Tirol, Benjo, Learning Digital Electronics Thru Experiments - Manila : Electronics Hobbyists Publishing , 2002, pp. 123-126 Materials:printed materials for visual aids, breadboard & power supply, capacitors, resistors, transistor, LED, wires, switch
III. LEARNING ACTIVITIES
A. Preparatory Activities
1. Daily Routine
a) Prayer b) Greetings
c) Checking of Attendance
d) Collecting of Assignment
1) What does BCD stands for?
2) What is the difference between an encoder and decoder?
B. Developmental Activities
* “Pinoy Genius”
2. Lesson Proper
* Definition of Terms
* Multivibrators - an electronic circuit used to implement a variety of simple two-state systems such as oscillators, timers and flip-flops. * Stable - state of output where the device is able to latch or hold to forever, without external prodding. * Monostable - often called a one shot multivibrator is a pulse generating circuit in which the duration of this pulse is determined by the RC network connected externally to the 555 timer. In a stable or standby state, the output of the circuit is approximately zero or a logic-low level. When external trigger pulse is applied output is forced to go high.
* Building a Monostable Circuit using 555 Timer
* How to compute the time the output remains high
t = 1.1(R x C)
The students will...