English (Language Program)
4 x 40 minutes
Membaca dan Menulis
3. Memahami naskah dalam konteks public speaking sederhana
4. Mengungkapkan makna dalam konteks persiapan public speaking sederhana
3.1 Membaca naskah public speaking sederhana dengan nyaring dan dengan pelafalan yang tepat sebagai Master of Ceremony
4.1 Menulis naskah public speaking sederhana sebagai Master of Ceremony
I. Learning Objectivities
In the end of study, 75% of all students will be able to:
a. Identify the role of master ceremony
b. Read the master of ceremony’s script with good pronunciation, stress and intonation.
c. Identify the generic structure of master of ceremony’s script.
d. Write the script of master ceremony
II. Learning Material
1. The example of master ceremony script
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. A warm welcome to you all to this seminar organized by the office of Lollita Art (OLA). Our session now will deal with the topic “Being Young Entrepreneur, Don’t Give Chance to Other to Take Your Big Work”.
A quick word about tonight’s program: we shall begin with a talk by our honorable speaker, Mrs. Fatimah Zahra, from Semarang. She is the director of Lollita Art Even Organizer. She started his business when she was 19 year old and now, she has 5 branches. She has also involved in a number of seminars dealing with Entrepreneurship. This seminar will be followed by a short question and answer session, where you will be free to exchange ideas with her. At about 8 o’clock tonight when the talk concludes, the reception will resume, and we have arranged refreshment outside for you. Since Mrs. Fatimah Zahra is catching her flight home tonight, much as we would like to have her here longer with us, we have to make sure that she can be allowed to leave the venue by 8.30.
As you may be well aware, this seminar has been organized to mark the closing of an in-house seminar organized by OLA on entrepreneurship study. This seminar actually started last week and today is the last day.
We are very honored to have invited Mrs. Fatimah Zahra to say a few words to us. Mrs. Fatimah Zahra, the floor is yours.
2. Vocabulary review
3. Pronunciation of the word based on the script
/ˈsem.ɪ.nɑː r /
/ˈɒn. ə r.ə.bl ̩/
/ˈspiː.kə r /
/ˈɔː.g ə n.aɪz/
4. Generic structure of master ceremony script
2. Body (explaining who the speaker is)
3. Body (explaining what the programme is)
5. Expressions of master ceremony
1. Opening: “Good afternoon. My name is…”
2. Introducing the event: “Welcome to this event” 3. Introducing the speaker: “Our speaker for this day is…” 4. Closing: “Thank you for your participation”
III. Method of Study
• Reading activity
• Question and answer
• Writing activity
IV. Steps of Learning Activity
1. Greet and introduce themselves.
2. Respond teacher’s questions in order to become more friendly and comfortable with the condition. 3. Respond teacher’s question about students’ attending. 4. Pay attention the purpose of study which teacher says to reach the goal. 5. Respond the teacher’s question related to the material with their own knowledge. Elaboration:
1. Teacher asks students to express their idea what they know about the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document