At the end of the lesson, the first year section one students should be able to: * Recognize key word that indicates certain mathematical operations. * Translate verbal statement into equations.
* Identify the basic steps in solving word problem.
* Solve age problems in at least 5 minutes.
* Show the process in solving the Age problems.
* Demonstrate honesty through solving and checking Age problems.
II. Subject Matter: Age Problems (Elementary Algebra)
III. Reference : Textbook
Aufmann, R.N, Barker, V.C. and Lockwood, J.S. Beginning Algebra with Applications.1898.pages 92-97. Barnett, R. Schaum’s Outline Series Theory and Problems of Elementary Algebra.1993. pages 32-35. IV. Materials: Colored chalk, Flash cards, visual aids, illustration board V. Procedure
Teacher’s Activity | Student’s Activity |
A Semi-Detailed Lesson Plan
A. Distinguish the active and passive voice of the verb in a sentence. B. Rewrite the given sentences from active to passive voice or from passive to active voice. II. Subject-Matter:
Topic: Voices of the Verb
References: Communication Skills IV (Fourth Year English) by Gabriel, Josefina and Edda Martirez, pp. 177 – 181 and General Education A+dvancement program in ENGLISH by Funk, Alfred M., p. 16. Materials: Visual Aids, Chalk and Board
Values Integration: To listen attentively
A. Preliminary Activities
1. Classroom Management
4. Checking of Attendance
B. Developmental Activities
2. Presentation of the Topic
Reading an Essay
3. Comprehension Check-Up
Raising of Basic Questions (WH questions) about the essay
* Getting sentences in the essay
* Stating what voice of the verb are the given sentences. Explain why. (Definition) 5. Activities