Upon completion of this lesson, the students will have to:
* Access prior knowledge about Gerund;
* Show how Gerunds are used as SUBJECT, APPOSITIVE, PREDICATE NOMINATIVE and OBJECT OF THE PREPOSITION in a sentence. * Asses the students’ knowledge and understanding of Gerunds through appropriate exercises.
II. SUBJECT MATTER
* ROAD TO GREATNESS (Carlene S. Sedilla; Arcelli M. Villamin) Identifying Gerunds p.133
Materials: Cartolina, Pentel Pen, Blackboard, Chalk and Variety of Papers.
III. LEARNING PROCEDURE
a. Routinary Activities
2. Cleanliness of the classroom
Playing the game called “CHARADE”using Gerunds.
The teacher will ask the students if they are familiar with the game called “Charade”. After that, the teacher will discuss the mechanics of the game.
First group to make three points will win the game.
GERUND –is a form of the verb ending in –ing and which act a noun.
* Courting was indeed a most trying enterprise. * Serenading is another manner of courting.
* Smoking is not permitted here.
* Debating is Fred’s favourite school activity.
GERUNDS MAY FUNCTION AS:
1. SUBJECT- Gerund is the topic of the sentence.
* Walking is a good exercise.
* Cooking is a hobby of many famous men.
* Hiking is his favourite sport.
* Driving requires good version.
* Bowling is fun.
2. DIRECT OBJECT- it answer the question “what”. It follows the S-TV-DO pattern.
* I admit losing the combination to the safe.
* He suggested starting my own agency.
* I hope they stop making so much noise so I can get some sleep. * I quit smoking six years ago.
3. PREDICATIVE NOMINATIVE- Gerund is always after the linking verb or it...