Moyers & Company – http://billmoyers.com/series/moyers-and-company/ Name Howard Thomas
* You will watch the following Moyers & Company and respond to the following focus questions. * You can access the show at the URL address below.
* You may answer the questions on your own or with a partner.
Full Show: Who’s Widening America’s Digital Divide?
February 8, 2013 | Moyers & Company
Internet scholar Susan Crawford explains how media conglomerates put profit ahead of the public interest. http://billmoyers.com/episode/full-show-who%E2%80%99s-widening-america%E2%80%99s-digital-divide/
1. What country was the Internet invented in?
2. What is the new technology providing faster Internet service? Fiber Obtic Lines
3. What does Susan Crawford mean by a “captive audience”? We all are the captive audience to the Internetand we are being pons to big cabel companies by Comcast and Time Warner 4. Why is fast and affordable Internet access so vital to a country and the citizens in that country? People need Internet to communicate and do vital things like get a education, apply for jobs and to start businesses 5. Why does Susan Crawford consider this issue a “crisis” for our country? We are far beind other countries
6. What is the “digital divide” that our country has according to Susan Crawford? People in rural areas dont have access to the internet or people cant afford it 7. Why is there such a disparity between the United States and the rest of the world in regards to Internet access, speed, & cost? The government in other countries are allowing citizens to have high speed internet and unlimited data for fair prices 8. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 was supposed to promote competition, what happened? Its actually reduced competition because companys are merging together 9. What was the “summer of love” that Susan Crawford talks about? Comcast and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document