Attention getter: Do you suffer from pain, migraines, eating disorders or other sicknesses? If so, you may want to consider marijuana as a treatment.
Central Idea: Marijuana should be legalized for medicinal purposes.
Significance to the audience: This is important to all of use because many of us are misinformed about marijuana and are unaware of its beneficial properties.
Preview of main points: Today I will tell you about why marijuana should be legalized.
I. What exactly is marijuana?
A) Marijuana is a leafy plant which grows wild in many of the tropic and temperate
areas of the world.
1) It is also cultivated both indoors and out for the production of its flowering
2) The most commonly used form of cannabis are the leaves and flowering tops
which may be either smoked or eaten
3) It also comes in a more concentrated resinous form called hashish, and as a
sticky black liquid called hash oil.
B) There are many beneficial properties to marijuana.
1) The male part of the plant is known as hemp and has no medicinal purposes.
A) It has been successfully utilized to make a thousands of
diverse, environmentally friendly products like textiles, paper, oil, rope and
2) The female plant is enriched with a psychoactive chemical called THC or
A) When inhaled, THC induces a euphoric and sedate effect.
B) THC is beneficial for patients with AIDS wasting syndrome, arthritis,
brain injury related with strokes, multiple sclerosis, nausea associated with
cancer chemotherapy, anti-tumor effects, asthma, epilepsy, glaucoma,
schizophrenia, migraine, eating disorders, and general pain.
Transition: Now that I've informed you about what marijuana is and its beneficial purposes, I will now discuss about why marijuana should be legalized.
II. Marijuana should be legalized for many reasons.
A) Prohibition of marijuana must be...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document