It involves a set of principles and skills which, if understood and used, help learners learn more effectively and so become learners for life. At its heart is the belief that learning is learnable.
In brief, 'learn2learn' offer pupils an awareness of:
• how they prefer to learn and their learning strengths
• how they can motivate themselves and have the self-confidence to succeed
• things they should consider such as the importance of water, nutrition, sleep and a positive environment for learning
• some of the specific strategies they can use, for example to improve their memory or make sense of complex information
• Some of the habits they should develop, such as reflecting on their learning so as to improve next time.
Resilience - learning to ‘stick at it’, you need a positive attitude and not give up. Relationships - 'being ready, willing and able to learn alone and with others'.
Resourcefulness – learning to use your imagination, learn in different ways, take risks in your learning and ask good questions. Develop a range of learning strategies and use your reasoning skills to know when to apply them Reflection – Learning to ask ‘why?’, listen to different opinions and learn from your mistakes. Get to know your own strengths and weaknesses. Take responsibility for your actions.
There are two strands currently available are
Outstanding Learning and Teaching:
Raising achievement through Parental Engagement and Family Learning
The basic principles of L2L consist of
How to ask really good questions How to find out facts
Taking notes to suit the task Learning through feedback
Staying positive Sticking at it
Knowing own strengths and weaknesses Keeping friends and working well... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 09). Learn to Learn. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Learn-To-Learn-783923.html
"Learn to Learn" StudyMode.com. 09 2011. 2011. 09 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Learn-To-Learn-783923.html>.
- MLA 7
"Learn to Learn." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2011. Web. 09 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Learn-To-Learn-783923.html>.
"Learn to Learn." StudyMode.com. 09, 2011. Accessed 09, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Learn-To-Learn-783923.html.