1. Start your tour of ancient Rome here http://www.vroma.org/~forum/forum.html
2. Your first stop is the arch at the front of the map. This is the Arch of _____________________. The name of __________________ was erased from this monument.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Use the map and the index on the side of the Web page to help create a key for the forum map below by writing the name of the monument with its corresponding number:
4. On the side menu, select the Lacus Curtius. According to one story, a youth named Curtius saved Rome here by ____________________________________________________________
5. Return to the top of the page (http://www.vroma.org/~forum/forum.html). On the side menu click on the Curia.
______________built this building where the ___________met.
6. Now go to the Rostra. What was the purpose of this structure? ____________________________________________________________
7. Go to the Templum Castoris. _______________________ are all that are left of this temple.
8. Click on the Templum Juli. This temple was built on the site of ________________________________________.
9. Go to the Templum Vestae. What articles were housed in this temple? ____________________________________________________________
10. Go to the Tabularium. This building was used to ______________________.
11. Go to the Milliarium Aureum. What was inscribed on this column? ____________________________________________________________
12. Find the Basilica Aemelia, Basilica Julia, and the Basilica Constantini. In ancient Rome, basilicas were used as law courts, later a basilica design was used for ______________.
13. Now go to
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/colosseum/a/Colosseum.htm The original name for the Colosseum was ___________________________ .
14. Go to the Templum Saturni....