Late Adulthood Paper
Interviewee: Grandma and Grandpa. Ages 77 & 78
1. What do you like to do in your free time?
Play bridge, Mah-Jong, cards with their group of friends who they have card parties with. My grandpa likes to golf. Go to the dog park with their dog. Also enjoy going to the movies and their favorite tv shows.
2. What were your goals when you were 20? Did you meet these goals?
Grandma: Get married and have a family. Yes these goals were met. Grandpa: Own his own business and have a family. Yes these goals were met.
3. What were the happiest years of your life? How old were you? What were you doing then? What made it so happy?
In their 30’s when all the kids were home and young. Starting up the new business. Times were trying and a little difficult but they were the happiest times.
4. What do you think of romance?
Grandma: Thinks it is overrated.
Grandpa: Love its. His heritage as Italian makes him love all the romantic things about love.
5. What are your goals now?
Taking life one day at a time. No real goals. Just to stay happy and healthy as long as long as they can.
6. Are you retired? What do you think of retirement?
Yes, and they both love it. Have lots of time to spend with friends and family now.
7. Are you satisfied with your financial situation?
It could always be better but yes. They feel they accomplished what they set out to do when they started putting money away and are happy with how things are now.
8. Do you have any wisdoms for me, a college student?
Enjoy today, and everyday and set out to accomplish what you want to accomplish. Live your life with no regrets.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document