1. Lingayen Beach, located in the capital of Pangasinan Province, is a very relaxing place. With it's long shoreline, pristine waters and cool, fine gray sand, it is fast becoming a destination of Manila residents in search of recreation. The province itself has always been famous because this was the landing site of Gen. Douglas McArthur when he returned to the Philippines to liberate Luzon in 1945. Facilities like picnic sheds and bathhouses were put up by the government about 20 meters away from the shoreline.
El Puerto Marina offers standard rooms with queen-sized bed, crisp linen sheets and tiled flooring. All the rooms are furnished, hot and cold shower with bathroom products. Each room is equipped with individual cooling systems, television and closet. Facilities like ATVs, swimming pool and jacuzzi are also available.
2. ILOCOS NORTE
CAFE BOJEADOR LIGHTHOUSE, Burgos
- Built in 1892, the Lighthouse is still in use today.
MALACANANG OF THE NORTH, Paoay
- Built as the official residence of President Marcos in Ilocos Norte, overlooking legendary Paoay Lake. This imposingstructure is now a museum.
MARCOS MUSEUM AND MAUSOLEUM, Batac
- Located in his home town of Batac, the museum showcases the memorabilia of President Marcos. His embalmed body is displayed next door.
- Built of coral blocks and stucco plastered bricks, the church is a unique combination of Gothic, Baroqueand Oriental designs.
ST. WILLIAM'S CATHEDRAL, Laoag
- Built by the Augustinians in Italian Renaissance design in 1612.
STA. MONICA CHURCH, Sarrat
- Century-old church of Nee-classical and Baroque architect
Declared as a National Shrine, it is located in the Municipality of Gregorio Del Pilar. Tirad Pass was the last stand of the Filipino Revolutionary Forces under the command of Genera Emilio Aguinaldo. The Battle of Tirad Pass was led by the youngest Filipino General Gregorio del Pilar.
4. Traveling by land, although could take a couple of hours is the main mode of Laoag transportation available to those coming from the southern part of the Philippines including Metro Manila. This form of Laoag transportation is frequently used by those coming from the capital of the Philippines and Pampanga. Aside from being affordable, the bus ride although long, is comfortable with air conditioned buses making at least 2 trips everyday. Choose from big names such as Philippine Rabbit, RCJ Trans, Victory Liner and GV Florida to help one get to Laoag safely. The trip should take 15 hours at most.
5. Region: 1. Ilocos
1. Illocos Norte
2. Illocos Sur
3. La Union
6. Nueva Vizcaya is the southernmost province of Region 2. It is bounded onthe north by Ifugao, on the northeast by Isabela, on the east by Quirino, on the south by Aurora, Nueva Ecija, and Pangasinan, and on the west byBenguet. It is accessible by land and by air. Coming from Metro Manila, Nueva Vizcaya can be reached through the Maharlika Highway passing the historic Dalton Pass. Terrain is mountainous with a river valley drained by Magat River, a major tributary of the Cagayan River. This valley is where majority of the people of Nueva Vizcaya live. Climate is of Type III in which seasons are not very pronounced, relatively dry from November to April and wet during the rest of the year
7. Sambali Festival - an honor to our lady of piat The most popular religious festival in Region II (Cagayan Valley) is the Sambali Festival. I
Ang Pista ng Sambali ay ipinagdiriwang taun-taon sa Piat, Cagayan mula Hunyo 23 hanggang Hulyo 2 bilang paggunita sa mahimalang birheng imahen ng Piat at ang pagiging Kristiyano ng mgaSambali. Ang pista ay kinabibilangan ng iba't ibang programang nagpapakita ng mayamang kultura ng mga...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document