Chapters Nine and Ten
1. What is the major even that has just happened for Amir? Although this is supposed to be a joyous occasion, how does Amir respond? Why? At the end of Chapter Eight, what is one of the last images (besides the fireworks) that Amir sees? Why is this image so disturbing? Amir is turning 13 and Baba is throwing him a big party. Amir did know many of the people so he didn’t think the party was for him. He didn’t enjoy himself because Hassan is still stuck in his mind.
2. What does Amir mean when he says that “—it was all blood money: Baba would never have thrown me a party like that if I hadn’t won the tournament”? Why is this comment significant? He saying that the only reason he’s having a part is because he won the competition. He calls it blood money referencing the blood on his hands from the kite strings.
3. Examine the gift from Ali and Hassan; why is it so special? Obviously, what are Ali and Hassan communicating through the gift? Ali and Hassan give Amir a new Shahnamah it very nice with hand drawn pictures. The gift helps amire think that ali and Hassan love him,
4. What is the atrocious decision Amir makes? Why does he choose to do this? What does this say about him/his character? Is he doing this to have Baba to himself? Is there a deeper motivation? Link this to a theme. Amir decided to blame Hassan so Hassan and Ali will be kicked out of the house. Amir does this because he thinks he will forget about what happened to Hassan if he is totally out of his life.
5. What does Amir mean when he says, “I loved him in that moment, lived him more than I’d ever loved anyone, and I wanted to tell them all that I was the snake in the grass, the monster in the lake. I wasn’t worthy of this sacrifice; I was a liar, a chat, and a thief”? What is the situation, context, and deeper meaning to this quote? Amir realized to what extent Hassan loves him. Hassan took the blame even though he was framed.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 05). Kite Runner Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kite-Runner-Analysis-685425.html
"Kite Runner Analysis" StudyMode.com. 05 2011. 05 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kite-Runner-Analysis-685425.html>.
"Kite Runner Analysis." StudyMode.com. 05, 2011. Accessed 05, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kite-Runner-Analysis-685425.html.