PPISMP TESL (R) Foundation Course Cohort 4 (June 2011 Intake) English Studies III: PI 1353K (R) (Revision) KING LEAR By William Shakespeare
1. The intricate relationship between characters adds to the interest of readers to study the play. Based on the play you have studied, discuss this statement with convincing evidence to justify your answer.
2. Write a critical analysis of one of the themes presented in the play you have studied.
3. Identify the theme of the play you have studied. Elaborate how the theme is developed by the characters.
4. Identify the theme of the play you have studied. Elaborate how the plot and the setting develop the theme.
5. Identify one of the issues raised in the play you have studied. characters reflect this issue.
Elaborate how the
6. Identify the theme of the play you have studied. Elaborate how the theme is developed by the setting and the characters.
7. Identify the issues raised in the play you have studied. evidence from the text.
Discuss the issues with
8. Discuss the significance of the title and how it reflects the theme of the play. 9. Discuss the significance of the title and how it is developed by the characters and plot of the novel. NHA/ES III – King Lear Revision/2012
Themes Greed for power & wealth Betrayal Familial relationship Love & betrayal
Issues Greed for power & wealth destroys Blind love Actions and consequences
10. Based on the drama you have studied, analyze the play based on the following i. The characters ii. The theme iii. The issues raised Support your answer with convincing evidence and elaboration. 11. You have studied a play during this course. Based on this play, write a critical analysis of about 350 words. In your analysis, discuss the themes and issues raised and how these are portrayed by the characters. 12. Write a reader response of about 350 words on the play you have studied. In your reader response, discuss the following; i. ii. iii. The theme The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document