KFC STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
NAME : IMANUDDIN BIN MOHAMAD
I/C NO : 920915-03-5845
KFC is the among the best-established brands restaurants in the Western Quick Service Restaurants market. It is by far the most popular restaurant chain in Malaysia, with over about 620 KFC restaurants in Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Cambodia and India. KFC sees millions of people flocking to its various outlets years in, year out.
* KFC began with Colonel Harland Sanders. He discovered his penchant or interesting in cooking when he was only 9 years old. Through the years he grew up to become a personage the world knows as Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC. * He reach the celebrity status in 1952, when he decided to franchise his famous Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe blends of 11 herbs and spices to the rest of America. By the early 70’s, that special recipes reached Malaysia. * The first KFC restaurant was opened in 1973 on JalanTunku Abdul Rahman. Today there are more than 500 KFC restaurants nationwide and still counting. Great tasting chicken has become synonymous with KFC and has been enjoyed by Malaysians ever since. In fact, KFC Malaysia has developed a distinctive Malaysia personality if its own.
To be the leading integrated food services group in the ASEAN region delivering consistent quality products and excellent customer-focused service.
To maximize profitability, improve shareholder value and deliver sustainable growth year after year.
* 24 hours service
* Drive through counter
* Corporate coupons
* Corporate meeting, seminars and workshops at KFC
* Special dining facilities for business customers
* Health calculator and health tips
* Kid play area
1. WHO ARE THE COMPETITORS ?
a. Direct competitors :-
MacDonald, Burger King, Subway etc.
b. Indirect competitors
Base on open market share and substitute business
2. HOW DO WE ANALYZE THEM?
c. By SWOT analysis
d. By internal environment analysis
e. By external environment analysis
- KFC has a strategic brand analysis.
- convert cash flow into value.
- leverage what KFC own.
- KFC invest in high return opportunities.
- KFC has a strong franchise and license fee revenue for cash flow. - KFC ranks highest among all chicken restaurant chairs for its convenience and variety of menu. - customers convenience with drive through counter and open for 24 hours. - fully penetrate profitable market segments
- lack of relationship building with employees, customers and suppliers. - question for over franchising leads to loss of control and quality. - lack of focus on R&D.
- admitted inability to provide quality services..
- the freshness of food are not maintain quality of service and lack of knowledge about customer.
-grow of 18-24 age demographic
-home meal replacement market will exceed
-updating the restaurants, balance menu
-changing customers lifestyle and taste
-bird flu, it is also a greater danger for the KFC because they are chicken specialist in the world and perfect in taste. -frozen food is not good for health and despite what so ever the standard they maintain -change the customer demands
-law and order situation (terrorism)
-existing the new competitors.
7’s MODEL APPROACH
* STRATEGY – Expand the restaurant network across the countries * STRUCTURE – Trust between employees and management was defined through company’s vision and objectives * SYSTEM – Using modern computer controlled
* STYLE – leadership has own principles
* STAFF – KFC raising level of motivation and loyalty among staff and enabling to reach their fullest potential * SKILL – hire only the best individuals those with the motivation, ability, knowledge...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document