Ginanjar Ummi Pratiwi
XII IPA 10
SEKOLAH MENENGAH ATAS NEGERI 3 SEMARANG
1. To know the function of catalyze enzyme
2. To know the factors that influence enzyme work
II Basic theory
Enzyme is substance that is formed by organism body cells. In cells, enzyme is produced by micro peroxysok body organelle. The function of catalyze enzyme is diffract Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2), toxic in body that is formed in digestion process.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is organic chemical substance that has characteristic as strong oxidator and toxic in body. Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) must be diffracted into water (H2O) and oxygen (O2) that are not dangerous. Peroxide diffraction is signed by bubbles.
H2O --> H2O + O2
Factors that influence enzyme are light, temperature, amount of CO2 and the solution pH.
Catalyze enzyme influence into H2O2 toxin diffraction
1. Independent variable : HCl, NaOH, temperature
2. Control variable : liver extract, potato, H2O2
3. Dependent variable : amount of gas and fire
V Tools and Ingredients:
3 pipettes 1 match HCL solution
1 tube shelf 2 palm leaf rib NaOH solution
6 test tubes tissues H2O2 solution
1 Bunsen stove 1 Beaker glass aquades
1 knife chicken liver
1 mortar and pastels potato
1. Prepare liver extract and slice of potato
2. Name A, B, C, D and E to each tubes, pour the liver extract into four test tubes (1 cm, take a slice of potato into tube E
3. Give name 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 to each tube, pour H2O2 into four test tubes (1cm
4. Pour (12ml HCl as acid into tube B
Pour (12ml NaOH as base into tube C
Heat tube D
For tube A and E, just leave it and continue into fifth step.
5. Pour the result of fourth... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 09). Katalase. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Katalase-784673.html
"Katalase" StudyMode.com. 09 2011. 2011. 09 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Katalase-784673.html>.
- MLA 7
"Katalase." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2011. Web. 09 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Katalase-784673.html>.
"Katalase." StudyMode.com. 09, 2011. Accessed 09, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Katalase-784673.html.