2. Insulators – are non-conducting materials with few mobile charges and which support only insignificant electric currents.
3. Atom - is a basic unit of matter that consists of a dense central nucleus surrounded by a cloud of negatively charged electrons. The atomic nucleus contains a mix of positively charged protons and electrically neutral neutrons (except in the case of hydrogen-1, which is the only stable nuclide with no neutrons).
4. Electric charge - is a physical property of matter that causes it to experience a force when near other electrically charged matter. Electric charge comes in two types, called positive and negative. Two positively charged substances, or objects, experience a mutual repulsive force, as do two negatively charged objects. Positively charged objects and negatively charged objects experience an attractive force.
5. A simple circuit contains the minimum things needed to have a functioning electric circuit. A simple circuit requires three (3) things:
* A source of electrical potential difference or voltage. (typically a battery or electrical outlet)
* A conductive path which would allow for the movement of charges. (typically made of wire)
* An electrical resistance (resistor) which is loosely defined as any object that uses electricity to do work. (a light bulb, electric motor, heating element, speaker, etc.)
6. Electrical circuit - is a path which electrons from a voltage or current source follow. Electric current flows in a closed path called an electric circuit. The point where those... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Kahirapan. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kahirapan-1373695.html
"Kahirapan" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kahirapan-1373695.html>.
- MLA 7
"Kahirapan." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kahirapan-1373695.html>.
"Kahirapan." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Kahirapan-1373695.html.