JUST IN TIME LEARNING:
Much of the educational materials we receive in our institutions are to prepare us for the future. Many students ask about whether what they are learning will come in handy or when will they use it and teachers reply that just learn it and you can apply it just-in-case when you need it.
But when you learn something when it is actually needed and not before time it is known as Just-in-Time learning (JIT). It does not defer the implication of knowledge instead it relies on self implication while learning. Following are the advantages and disadvantages of Just-in-Time learning.
• When we learn before time we may loss the information and skill when it will actually be needed and a refresher course is needed but JIT eliminates the need for refresher training
• It allows the learners to receive training when they need it not before or after time
• It improves job performance by guiding, facilitating, or reminding the performers in their accomplishment of job tasks.
• It serves both purposes educational as well as development of skills.
• It helps to learn at higher cognitive levels, and they retain more of what is learned.
• It provides time independent and place independent access.
• It serves the functional use of information
• It is criticized to prevent or hinder memorization
• It sometimes does not substitute for understanding.
• It demands significant level of maturity and commitment.
• It needs additional support which may be costly.
• It also lacks the flexibility to respond to unexpected insights or problems
IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION:
Just in time learning helps to improve the productivity in a number of ways. Following factors clearly emphasize on its importance and its worth as an investment to improve productivity within an organization.
It motivates employees to work longer hours to learn and to apply the skill learned in order to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 05). Just in Time Learning. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Just-In-Time-Learning-1659026.html
"Just in Time Learning" StudyMode.com. 05 2013. 2013. 05 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Just-In-Time-Learning-1659026.html>.
- MLA 7
"Just in Time Learning." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 05 2013. Web. 05 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Just-In-Time-Learning-1659026.html>.
"Just in Time Learning." StudyMode.com. 05, 2013. Accessed 05, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Just-In-Time-Learning-1659026.html.