Jupiter’s climate is very different to the climate on Earth, as well as the temperature that are much colder. Jupiter is a gaseous planet and so it does not have a solid surface, because of it being made out of gas it technically has no surface. Temperatures range from high to low on Jupiter because of all the types of gases and layers that they are in, such as the upper atmosphere where it is colder and increases closer to the center. At the top of Jupiter’s clouds the temperature is around -230 degrees Fahrenheit or -145 degrees Celsius. Jupiter’s temperature increases as you descend closer to the center of the planet. The temperature can increase so much to the point where atmospheric pressure is ten times greater than that on Earth and the temperature is 21 degrees Celsius which scientists call “room temperature.” This part of Jupiter is believed to possibly be able to support life, which would have to float and not need oxygen. To be exact Jupiter’s atmosphere contains 99% hydrogen and helium, the other 1% consists of methane, ammonia, water vapor, and trace elements. Under this layer of clouds which would also be the atmosphere, lie a sea of liquid hydrogen and helium that is 13,000 miles deep, and finally the core of Jupiter where the temperature is so high it is said to be hotter than the suns surface. From this came a small belief that Jupiter was a failed star because of the similarities to our sun. Some interesting facts about Jupiter weather are that it has very powerful storm systems, powerful lightning, and deadly radiation. Not unless we find a way to fight such extreme cold temperatures or live in a sort of cabin that floats and can provide oxygen, so I cannot really say we would be able to go because only in such a place can temperature be regulated and have oxygen provided for us to survive. Although we would not be able to go because of the complex weather system, some of Jupiter’s moon’s materials might be helpful... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Jupiter Research Paper. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jupiter-Research-Paper-1474517.html
"Jupiter Research Paper" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jupiter-Research-Paper-1474517.html>.
- MLA 7
"Jupiter Research Paper." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jupiter-Research-Paper-1474517.html>.
"Jupiter Research Paper." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jupiter-Research-Paper-1474517.html.