1. Heritage means where you came from.
2. My Dutch heritage is on my mums side of the family
3. Dutch people celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve.
4. Santa, in Holland is called St Nicholas
5. Dutch people get their Christmas presents on the 6th of December and give poor people presents on the 25th (Christmas)
6. When we go to celebrate on Christmas Eve we don’t have food like roast turkey we have special food like kess crants, kess crants is a special Christmas cake which is an almond ring
7. At birthdays we always sing Happy Birthday and Long Sal Salava, which is the Dutch Happy Birthday, it goes Long Sal Salava, long sal salava, long sal salava in the hloria, in the hloria…
8. If you speak to my Oma and Opa you will know they are Dutch because they have a Dutch accent there last name is Van Eden which means from eden
9. Delft blue is a famous Dutch colour it is used on ornaments like this (show statue)
10. Dutch people way back wore shoes called clogs, clogs are wooden Dutch shoes, some people still wear them, on clogs there are normally pictures of windmills because they were the first electricity in Holland (show clogs)
11. Here are some Dutch words ya-yes neigh-no gh haght-meatballs
12. I can count to ten in Dutch
Ein, tway, dree, fier, fafe, ses, sayven, ught, nayhn, teen
(show napkin holder)
Ruby Randles [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 11). Journey Around the World. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Journey-Around-The-World-251193.html
"Journey Around the World" StudyMode.com. 11 2009. 11 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Journey-Around-The-World-251193.html>.
"Journey Around the World." StudyMode.com. 11, 2009. Accessed 11, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Journey-Around-The-World-251193.html.