* Josh McDowell is a Christian apologist, evangelist, and writer. He is within the Evangelical tradition of Protestant Christianity. * Born August 17, 1939 in Union City, Michigan with the given name Joslin, now he obviously goes by Josh and lives in California. * He was 1 of 5 kids born to Wilmot McDowell.
* Struggled with low self-esteem as a result of an alcoholic and abusive father. * After being sexually abused by a hired farm hand from the ages of 6 to 13, he enlisted in the Air National Guard. * He was discharged after a head injury and then turned towards his college education plans
* He says he was an agnostic in his adolescent years and into college. * Began school at Kellogg Community College in Michigan intending to study law and start a career in the political field. * There at college as an agnostic, he chose to write a paper on the historical evidence of Christianity in order to disprove the religion. Within that research he discovered evidence that made him a believer. Read quote 1 and 2. * He then decided to change his future plans from the study of law.
* After his change in faith he enrolled at Wheaton College to get his bachelor’s degree. * Then he continued study at Talbot Theological Seminary of Biola University in CA. * He wrote an exit paper examining the theology of Jehovah’s witnesses and got his Masters of Divinity and graduated with Magma Cum Laude status.
* 1964- He began working for Campus Crusaders for Christ International, which is a ministry group in colleges and universities. He first began his full-time ministry with Campus Crusade after being appointed as a speaker in Latin America. * 1972- He became the famous Christian apologist he is today with the publication of Evidence that Demands a Verdict. * 1982-McDowell was awarded an honorary Doctor of Laws degree by Simon Greenleaf School of Law...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document