- A man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. - An illustrious warrior.
- A man admired for his achievements and noble qualities. - One who shows great courage
- loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups.
- a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections. - A political unit that has a democratic government.
- Love for or devotion to one's country.
2. R.A 1425
RA No. 1425 prescribes the teaching of the life, works and writings of Jose Rizal for all school, colleges and universities. Students and teachers, in the past years, have relied on books and periodicals from the library to do their studies on Rizal. The advent of Information Technology, however, facilitated the acquisition and sharing of ideas among peoples of varied persuasions throughout the globe. Survey results show that more and more students are using the Internet to do research work. This Jose Rizal website is, therefore, designed, and created to assist students in the appreciation of the role of Rizal in the development of the Filipino nation. The web contains very comprehensive materials on and by Rizal in both the English and Filipino languages. Furthermore, it is offered for free to everyone. The endorsement of the web by the Commission on Higher Education helped increase the number of visitors. This web continues to acquire and update information about Rizal in order to be of better service to the users.
Courses on the life, works and...