What possible management and marketing strategies can Noli Tingzon create to be able to cater both the international and local markets of Jollibee Foods?
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
1. Tough competition between existing establishments such as McDonald’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut and Wendy’s as to the quality of food, service time and menu variations at a low price.
2. McDonald’s is known for its best locations/ sites.
3. McDonald’s succeeded everywhere (globally) because they are very good at selecting the right partners.
1. Tony Tan Caktiong, President and CEO of the company, wants to further expand his company to other countries and cater the needs of his customers globally.
2. Tony Kitchner, a native of Australia who spent 14 years in Pizza Huts Asia-Pacific regional office, was hired to become the head of the International division created to build the expansion of Jollibee Foods in other countries. He managed to be successful in some aspects of the expansion but later encountered difficulties.
3. Noli Tingzon, the new head of the International Division who is tasked to make the necessary changes in the organization which would be favorable to the customers and as well as the company.
1. The International Division created by Tony Kitchner had a superior image, which created a gap between them and the local research and development group. They wanted to do everything differently, so that if their stores did well they can take all the credit.
2. When the international people tried to recruit people from the Philippines, there was some jealousy on a personal level because the people recruited were immediately promoted and had better compensation.
3. The relationship between the domestic managers and the International vice-president could not compromise on several... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 02). Jollibee Foods Corporation. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jollibee-Foods-Corporation-286749.html
"Jollibee Foods Corporation" StudyMode.com. 02 2010. 2010. 02 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jollibee-Foods-Corporation-286749.html>.
- MLA 7
"Jollibee Foods Corporation." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2010. Web. 02 2010. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jollibee-Foods-Corporation-286749.html>.
"Jollibee Foods Corporation." StudyMode.com. 02, 2010. Accessed 02, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jollibee-Foods-Corporation-286749.html.