Issues from the use of ICT
Why do issues arise with the use of ICT? Who has the responsibility of addressing these issues? Tensions can arise through unintended or deliberate actions or opinions of some of the stakeholders. As a result, the stakeholders develop, control, use or affected by the use of ICT have responsibility both to investigate and real and potention negative efftcs and to eliminate the lessen them as much as possible. Computer gaming
What are the symptoms of computer addiction?
Users crave computer time.
They are overjoyed when at the computer.
They are unable to stop a computer activity.
They are irritable when not at the computer.
They neglect family and friends.
What are some ways of treating computer addiction?
The treatment usually involves counselling, discussion, positive replacement for the source of the addiction, and actions to negate access to the source. Moreover the illness is often treated through therapy and support groups. List reasons why certain types of computer games are concern. Contain a significant amount of violence, allow players to manipulate characters to do acts that would be totally unacceptable in real life. Why are first-person shooter gams and MMORPgs so appealing?
It allows the player to become the person on the screen and shoot people. List the responsibilities that people involved with computer games have. Why are some games not considered as ‘bad’ a game of World of Warcraft? What are some of the positives that can be gained from playing computer games? Explain the ICT that is used by NMORGPs
With examples, explain five main reasons why social-networking sites have become so popular. * Keeping up with friends
* Sharing ideas and information
* Finding new friends with common interests
* Marketing cheaply and effectively
* Building professional relationships
Explain how Wed 2.0 technology is different from the earlier technologies used on the internet. What are the three main principles behind Web 2.0? Web 2.0 allows for collaborative interaction between users; it focuses on the social approach to generating and distributing web content. The 3 principles are: 1. The web is the platform for developing applications.
2. The user controls the content.
3. Data is categorised in a way that enables others to access and use it easily. Explain the following terms that are associated with Web 2.0: blog, RSS, wiki, mashup, tags, XML, AJAX, PHP and back-end. Blog is a part of a website and entries are written by the person who runs the blog. A wiki is a website that allows the easy creation and editing on any numbers of interlinked webpages via a web browser using a simplified mark-up language or a WYSIWYG text editor. A mashup is a web application or webpage that is combination of separate parts brought together by the inclusion of a special code that enables links to content supplied by others to be displayed the content. AJAX is a combination of technologies that can be used to build applications that can retrieve data from a server in the background without interfering with the display and the behaviour of the page on the screen at the time. RSS (Really simple syndication) is a website that wants to allow other sites to use some of its content to create an RSS document. PHP is scripting language used for constructing dynamic webpages. Explain how the 7 recommended strategies on pages 108-109 with protect you when you are using social-networking sites. Be sceptical, be careful of the amount of type of information you provide, report suspicious behaviour, watch your privacy settings, check on vulnerable friends, use an alias and be aware of intellectual and copyrights issues. Cloud computing
Define the term cloud computing.
Cloud computing is a service provided by a large internet-based, date centres that offer offsite storage, processing and computer resources to individuals or organisations. Using examples,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document