Jetstar was approved by the government into Japan market in 2007.
• Jetstar grew overall capacity by 19 per cent in 2011. This includes growth in international capacity of 9 per cent and Jetstar Asia of 46 per cent.
• On 1 March 2012, Jetstar celebrates its 5th anniversary of operation in Japan.
• 2.04 million passengers to and from Japan.
Jetstar grew overall capacity by 19 per cent in 2011. This includes growth in domestic capacity of 23 per cent, international capacity of 9 per cent and Jetstar Asia of 46 per cent. Overall passenger numbers grew 14 per cent versus the prior year.
In 2012, Jetstar has marked its 5th birthday in Japan as plans accelerate to launch Jetstar Japan and bring low fares to domestic routes in Japan (subject to government and regulatory approval).
Jetstar pioneered the LCC model in the Japanese market, and since its launch in 2007 more than 2 million passengers have flown with Jetstar Airways and Jetstar Asia on international flights between Japan and Australia, Singapore and Taiwan.
Jetstar has been approved into Hong Kong market. Jetstar Hong Kong plans to commence services in 2013.
• Jetstar Hong Kong will become the first low cost carrier in Hong Kong.
• The new airline would trigger new travel demand as the first low cost carrier based in Hong Kong and only the second currently based in Greater China.
• Establishing Jetstar Hong Kong in the doorstep of mainland China is a opportunity to continue successful expansion of the Jetstar brand in this region.
• Building a strong platform for accessing the world’s largest, fastest growing and most profitable aviation market
Jetstar has been approved into Hong Kong market. Jetstar Hong Kong plans to commence services in 2013. Jetstar Hong Kong will be formed with a total maximum capitalization of up to $198 USD million. China Eastern and Qantas Group will both... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Jetstar. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jetstar-968340.html
"Jetstar" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jetstar-968340.html>.
"Jetstar." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Jetstar-968340.html.