Topics: Airline, Oneworld, Qantas Pages: 9 (2063 words) Published: March 23, 2013
Task 1
a) Executive Summary
1. Brief description of products and services
Domestic Air Freight
International Air Freight
Freighter Charter
Ground Handling
Fleet and Equipment
Online Solution
2. Define Target Market
3. Competative Advantage
4. Positioning Statement
5. Anticipated sales, profits and market share

The Jetstar Group is the largest low cost airline in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown over 100 million passengers since it launched in 2004.

During fiscal 2011-2012, the airline carried more than 20 million passengers, making Jetstar the fastest-growing airline in the Asia Pacific to reach this milestone in seven years of flying.

The Jetstar Group has grown from providing employment to 400 people in 2004 to more than 7,000 across the Asia Pacific today.

Collectively the Jetstar Group offers over 3,000 flights a week to 57 destinations in 16 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region with a fleet of around 95 aircraft.

Jetstar is a value based, low fares network of airlines operating in the leisure and value based markets.

Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.

Strategy and structure

Jetstar is part of the Qantas Group’s two-brand growth strategy, where Qantas competes at the premium and business market and Jetstar focuses on leisure markets.

The Jetstar Group comprises:

Jetstar Airways in Australia and New Zealand (wholly owned by the Qantas Group) Jetstar Asia based in Singapore. The company is managed by Newstar Holdings, majority owned by Singapore company Westbrook Investments (51 per cent), with the Qantas Group holding the remaining 49 per cent Jetstar Pacific based in Vietnam (majority owned by Vietnam Airlines with the Qantas Group holding 30 per cent) Jetstar Japan, a partnership between the Qantas Group, Japan Airlines, Mitsubishi Corporation and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation Jetstar Hong Kong, a partnership between China Eastern Airlines and the Qantas Group (subject to regulatory approval). Brand

The Jetstar brand design is based on the Southern Cross constellation, with the orange star representing the smallest star of the Cross, Epsilon Crucis. The airline’s colours, orange, silver and black were chosen for their bold and modern feel.


Current fleet:

As of December 2012, the Jetstar Group fleet consists of 96 aircraft, including:

79 Airbus A320-200 aircraft, seat-configured for up to 180 passengers Six Airbus A321 aircraft, seat-configured for 220 passengers 11 Airbus A330-200 aircraft, with two cabins (economy and business) for up to 310 passengers Fleet orders:

Jetstar has ordered 14 Boeing 787 Dreamliners, which are due to be delivered in 2013. These new-generation aircraft include features such as larger windows, improved cabin pressure to reduce jetlag and fuel consumption about 20 per cent lower than similar-sized aircraft.

In August 2011 the Qantas Group placed an order for 110 Airbus A320s. The Jetstar Group has access to these aircraft to facilitate its growth. This includes 78 A320 NEOs (New Engine Option), which reduce fuel consumption by 15 per cent and will be available for delivery from 2015.

In total, Jetstar has about 150 aircraft on back order.


The Jetstar Group’s network is made up of 56 destinations in 16 countries and territories. Check out our interactive route map to find out exactly where we fly.

Low fares

Jetstar aims to have the lowest fares on all the routes it operates and backs every fare with a Price Beat Guarantee. Should any customer find a lower fare online, on the same day, same route and at a comparable time, Jetstar will...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay about Jetstar Analysis
  • Marketing Strategy: Jetstar Research Paper
  • Essay about Jetstar Internal Analysis
  • Jetstar Airways Essay
  • Jetstar and Its Competitive Advantage Essay
  • Jetstar Essay
  • Jetstar Essay
  • Jetstar Analysis Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free