Strategic Aims and Objectives
In this document I am going to explain the objectives and the aims of both of the organisations that I have chosen. I am also going to explain how and why the businesses choose their aims and objectives and how these aims link to the purpose of both organisations, the first organisation that I am going to write about is JD Sports. The second organisation that I am going to write about is BroadBridge Heath Leisure Centre.
Organisation 1 – JD Sports
a) Strategic Aims and Objectives
The aims of JD Sports are:
• To increase staff retention
• Decrease carbon emissions
• Increase market share
• Increase customer base
• To break even
The objectives of JD Sports are:
• To increase staff retention by 15% by the beginning of 2009 by praising and giving staff bonuses for achieving set targets.
• Decrease carbon emissions by using more economical methods of delivery, use more environmentally friendly petrol or diesel vehicles, try and persuade people to visit the stores rather than buying from the website.
• To increase market shares by 30% by the year 2010, this will be achieved by building more stores and also by increasing their amount of sales in the financial year.
• To increase the customer base by 15% in six months, this will be achieved by again introducing more stores all over the country and maybe getting more new stock in and get stock with a wider variety.
• To break even by the end of the financial year, this will be achieved by increasing sales so that they are at the same level as the staff wages and distribution costs can be achieved by advertising the stores and their goods more.
b) How they are decided
The aims and objectives that JD sports choose are decided by the board of directors, these are the people that make the final decision in regards to what aims and objectives JD have to meet. The board of directors is made up of an Executive Chairman, Chief Executive and a finance director. These are how the aims and objectives are decided.
c) How these link to the purpose of the organisation
The aims and objectives that are chosen by JD sports link to their purpose in different ways. For example to increase staff retention links to the purpose of the organisation because JD sports is out to make a profit they are a business that sells products, they want to increase staff retention rates because they aren’t going to want to spend money that they don’t need to recruiting new members of staff, they are going to want to keep the staff that they have for as long as possible, this will make the margin of profit greater.
Increase market shares link to the purpose because JD sports is a large business that has many different competitors and if their market share is larger and greater than that of their competition then they are going to be making more money.
Increase customer base, this has a huge impact and links to the purpose of the organisation in a great way as without customer base JD sports aren’t going to be making little or no profit at all. JD sport is going to want to have a larger customer base because that means that they are going to be selling their products to a wider audience.
To break even links to JD sports purpose as they are there to make a profit, this means that breaking even is going to be vital for the organisation to make a profit if the organisation cant break even then they aren’t going to be able to make a profit.
Organisation 2- Broad bridge Heath Leisure centre
a) Strategic aims and objectives
The aims of Broadbridge Heath Leisure centre are:
• To increase customer base.
• Expand size of organisation.
• Improve staff skills.
• Upgrade the facilities currently being used.
• Improve the standard of the building.
• The objectives of Broadbridge Heath Leisure Centre are:
• To increase the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document