1. Genealogic Classification and typology of languages. 2. Language as a Social Phenomenon. Definition of Language. Functions of the Language. 3. Languages as a Systemic System . Language Levels and Components. The History of the English Language
1. Theories of Language Evolution. Periodization of English and Main Events in the History of English 2. Common LinguisticFeatures of Ancient and Modern Germanic Languages 3. Grammatical andLexical Peculiarities of Old English
4. Main Features ofMiddle English: Phonetics, Grammar, Vocabulary 5. The Characteristicsof Early Modern English. The Process of Language Standardization 6. Development ofWiring in the history of the English language The EnglishLiterature
1. Old EnglishLiterature / Epic, Lyric, Historical works/ 2. Middle EnglishLiterature /G.Chaucer, WLangland, "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"/ 3. The Main Periods inthe Literary Activity of William Shakespeare 4. The Romantic Subjectin Lord Byron's Poetry
5. The Victorian Age inEnglish Literature.
6. English Prose of theXXth Century
The English Lexicology
1. Word Building Processes Based on Addition and Contraction 2. Peculiarities of American and British English
3. Criteria of Classification of the Phraseological Units 4. Synonymy, Antonymy and Homonymy
5. The Development of English and American Lexicography
6. Variants and Dialects of the English language
7. The Etymology of the English Word Stock
8. The Theory of the Word. Lexical Meaning and Semantic Structure of English Words. The English Stylistics
1. Functional Styles of the English Language
2. Phono-Graphical Expressive Means.
3. Lexical Stylistic Devices / Metaphor, Metonymy, Irony, Zeugma, Pun, Epithet, / 4. Lexical stylistic Devices /Oxymoron, Simile, Periphrases, Hyperbole, Repetition, Understatement/ 5. Syntactical Stylistic Devices /Stylistics Inversion,...