IT320 Wan Technology/ Unit 4
1. At what layer of the OSI model does CDP operate?
Data Link layer
2. What is the primary use for CDP?
To discover information about directly connected Cisco devices
3. What network layer protocols can CDP provide information for? IP, Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX), and AppleTalk
4. When CDP is enabled on an interface, a router (or switch) sends CDP advertisements on a regular basis, which list information about the sending router. Included in the packets are a series of Type/Length/Value, or TLV, data structures.
5. The show cdp neighbors command can be used to display one line of information about each directly connected CDP-enabled device. List the six pieces of information displayed. Device ID, local interface, holdtime, capability, platform, and port ID
6. In the topology of all Cisco devices shown in Figure 4-1, you are on Host A and consoled in to RTA. What devices can you see in the output from CDP commands? SWA, RTB, and RTC—only the directly connected devices that are attached to RTA
7. How would you gather information about other CDP-enabled devices in the network? By Telneting to those devices and using the show cdp neighbors command 8. From RTB in Figure 4-1, what devices can you see in the output from CDP commands? RTA and RTD
9. From RTC in Figure 4-1, what devices can you see in the output from CDP commands? RTA and RTD
10. From RTD in Figure 4-1, what devices can you see in the output from CDP commands? RTB, RTC, and SWB
11. cdp run Global Enables CDP globally on the router. cdp enable Interface Enables CDP on an interface. clear cdp counters Privileged EXEC mode Resets the traffic counters to 0. show cdp entry User or privileged EXEC mode Displays information about a specific neighbor.
show cdp interface User or...