This assignment has two goals:
1) increase your understanding of the concept of Protecting Personally Identifiable Information and other ethical issues related to the use of information technology through research, and 2) learn to correctly use the tools and techniques within MS Word to format a research paper including using MS Word’s citation tools.
These skills will be valuable throughout your academic career. The paper will require a title page, 2-3 pages of content with incorporation of a minimum of 3 external resources from credible sources, and a Works Cited/Reference page. A list of topics from which students can choose is provided below. Your references must come from online sources. Those sources must be within one year old.
Topics for Research Paper
1. Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
2. Social Engineering
3. Employee Monitoring
4. Content Filtering
5. Information Privacy
6. Electronic Medical Records
7. Biometrics (in terms of ethical and privacy issues)
8. Identity Theft
10. Privacy Laws related to Information Technology use
11. Intellectual Property Rights; Copyright
Good resources include the chapters on Microsoft Word in your hands-on textbook, the UMUC Library website plus under Course Content in your WebTycho classroom, Writing Resources, the Online Guide to Writing and Research, Chapter 5, and the APA Tutorial. The Tutorial is also posted under Course Content. |Requirement |Points Allocated |Comments | |Open and save an MS Word document with the following name: |0.5 |This is the font in normal paragraphs. Heading and title fonts may | |“Student’s Last Name Research” | |be a larger...