1. (TCO A,B) Which of the following is not normally done when you define a storage location? (Points : 5) You tell the computer the name for the location.
You tell the computer the type of data (e.g., numeric, nonnumeric) the location will contain. X You tell the computer the address for the location.
You tell the computer the size( number of bytes) of the location.
2. (TCO B,C)The Ice Cream Maker manufactures four different versions of their basic white Ice Cream product. These versions are called, ICream Type 1, ICream Type 2, ICream Type 3, and ICream Type 4. As per object oriented programming concepts, ICream Type 1, ICream Type 2, ICream Type 3, and ICream Type 4 are said to .......... the attributes of the basic white Ice Cream product. (Points : 5) Subclass
3. (TCO E-G) The field on which sort is based is called........ (Points : 5) Arranging key
X Primary key
None of the above
4. (TCO D) Which of the following is not an example of a logical operator? (Points : 5) AND
5. (TCO B,C) Decide in each of the following sub-questions i and ii, whether the statement is true or false. If the statement is false, explain why it is false, and show how you will rephrase the statement to make it meaningfully true. i) False-There are variations among languages in how they handle arrays. ii) True
6. (TCO B-G) Indicate which term best fits the definition by matching the given information.(There may not be a matching information for some terms.) (Points : 20)
Answer Potential Matches:
5: We use ------- to define the data used in a program 1 : Ascending 2: Indicator that tracks whether processing is complete is generally called --- indicator 2 : TRACK 1: Records are arranged in order from the smallest to the largest 3 : DONE 4: Special processing which must be done as a result of an input value changing when going from one record to the next. 4 : Control Break
3: None 5 : Data dictionary
7. (TCO F) In view of program efficiency, how should the following arrays be defined -as Execution-time or Compile-time? Justify your answers.
a. An array used to show the names of rivers in the New York State. b. An array used to show prices of Gasoline at a Gas station. c. An array used to show your credit card transactions of amount of money. d. An array used to convert kilograms into pounds.
A. Compile-time: the names of the rivers will not change
B. execution-time: the price of gasoline flucuates frequently C. ececution-time: the tranasctions will change with use of the card D. compile-time: these conversions do not change and are a set formula
(TCO B-D) Create a pseudocode using if instruction containing a compound condition that will satisfy the following: When SALESPERSON_CODE is equal to PERM and SALE is greater than 4000, display "This Sales person is eligible for a 5 percent commission on the sales." Otherwise, When SALESPERSON_CODE is equal to PERM and SALE is greater than 2500, display "This Sales person is eligible for a 2 percent commission on the sales." In all other cases display, "This person is not eligible for a commission on the sales."
IF SALESPERSON_CODE = PERM AND SALE > 4000 THEN
DO DISPLAY "THIS SALES PERSON IS ELIGIBALE FOR A 5 PERCENT
COMMISSION ON THE SALES"
IF SALESPERSON_CODE = PERM AND SALE > 2500 THEN
DO DISPLAY "THIS SALES PERSON IS ELIGIBALE FOR A 2 PERCENT
COMMISSION ON THE SALES"
IF SALESPERSON_CODE IS NOT PERM AND SALE IS NOT > 2500 THEN
DO DISPLAY "THIS PERSON IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A COMMISSION ON
9. (TCO B,C) Define four different types of errors that can occur during a program translation and execution? Illustrate one example of each of these types of errors. (Points :...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document