Is 20th Century Capitalism Failing 21st Century Society?

Topics: Sustainability, Carbon dioxide, Printed circuit board Pages: 3 (595 words) Published: December 23, 2012
Cisco's Global value Chain Management -12 million $ cost savings...... application of Sustainable practices and manufacturing efficiencies

These four pillars of our value chain social responsibility program, and the effective management systems that underpin them, form the basis of the Cisco Supplier Code of Conduct, which conforms to the Electronic Industry Code of Conduct developed by the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC). The Supplier Code of Conduct and other supplier performance expectations are integrated throughout our supplier engagement process, including requests for proposal, procurement contracts, supplier business reviews, and our supplier appreciation event

Labor, Ethics and Intellectual property protection, human health and safety, environment protection

collaboration - sharing of best practices

Cisco Memmber of Global esustainability - Sustainability in ICT

One example is
our involvement in the World Resources Institute and World Business Council for Sustainable Development Greenhouse Gas Protocol for Scope 3 emissions.


CISCO Supplier Code of Conduct, Supplier Assesment and Audits, Corrective Action Plan, Training, Apppreciation

Environmental Sustainability - CISCO Ecoboard and GreenTaskforce

- Product - Material management - susbtitute PVCs, BFR, moving to lead free solder Cisco estimates the resulting impact of this initiative to
be a 5000 MWh reduction in energy use per year, which equates to a reduction of 3000 tonnes of CO2 emissions, a $12 million savings in the first year, and a $6 million annual savings in subsequent years.

In FY09, 86 percent of Cisco printed circuit boards were produced without washing, and we have committed to completely eliminating water washing of printed circuit boards by early FY10. Cisco estimates that the elimination of water wash for this remaining 14 percent of our circuit boards will save 20 million gallons of water and over $1 million on an...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Family in 21st Century Society Essay
  • The 21st Century Essay
  • 20th Century Research Paper
  • On Indian Music and the 20th and 21st Century Essay
  • The 21st Century Essay
  • 21st century Essay
  • Starbucks Coffee in the 21st Century Su Essay
  • Essay about 21st century

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free