For this assignment I was meant to write about Primark and Hollister. I am still basing part of my assignment on Primark. But, I have changed Hollister to H & M as I was unable to find any information on Hollister The information I found on Hollister the background I couldn’t find anything about aims and objectives and how Hollister market the business. The information I found on Hollister
Hollister is an American lifestyle brand. The concept of Hollister was originally designed to attract customers between the ages of 14 to 18 as there prices are lower than the parent brand. Hollister clothing line was inspired by the parent brand SoCal. Hollister products are available in store across the world and online. Hollister was the second most preferred clothing on a list West Coast companies in 2008.
The businesses I have chosen for this assignment are Primark and H&M. H&M
Primark is an Irish clothing retailer, in Ireland Primark is known as Penneys. Primark have different store all around the world such as Portugal, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands United Kingdom and Belgium. Primark’s main headquarters are in Dublin. Primark first opened in 1969 on Mary Street in Dublin. Primark’s mission statement: “To supply quality clothing at prices perceived to offer real value.” Primark’s aims and objectives are:
* To provide good quality products to customers. Primark want customers to know that they are an excellent company which provide good products for low prices. Primark achieve this by doing tests on their clothing and product to examine the quality of the goods they sell. * Profit Maximisation
* To sell products and clothing at reasonable prices. Primark want their customers to have a variety of clothing and product at suitable prices. Primark well achieve this aim by looking at what other high street store are selling and make their prices lower so they stay ahead of their competition. * To be helpful and friendly to customers and other employees. The customer of Primark like the atmosphere at Primark and service given this well make them to come back so therefore Primark well gain repeat customers. Primark will achieve this by greeting the customer as they walk in. By doing this Primark employees create an excellent atmosphere for customers as the greeting makes them feel welcome. * To treat everyone the same. A customer at Primark needs to feel that they are treated the same as any other customer at Primark. If a customer feel they are being treated differently to someone else they are more likely to shop somewhere else so therefore Primark well lose customers because the customer who thinks they were treated unfairly will tell their family and friends about their experience at Primark so word of mouth well have an impact on Primark. H & M’s mission statement:
The aims and objectives of H & M are:
* To show appreciation.
* To encourage long-term commitment.
* To promote future recruitment.
* To strengthen H&M as an attractive employer.
H&M have three mean marketing objectives the three objectives are: * To make the H&M brand name more well known by doing more promotion example more advertising. The H&M brand need to be more outstandingly outside of significant cities. In the USA more people are unaware of what H&M offer. So to gain more customers and beat their competitors H&M are advertising the brand in different way compared to their competition example H&M membership. If you are a member of H&M you can get text messages and email informing customers about the newest product H&M have. The H&M brand need to be well known as the more people know about the brand, the easier it is to expand such as more stores in more countries. * To focus on the fact which H&M’s...