CANDIDATE NAME: MITSEY STONE
SCHOOL: MONTEGO-BAY E-LEARNING
TITLE: An examination on Teenage Pregnancy in my community
TABLE OF CONTENTS Acknowledgement
Task 1: Statement of Problem
Task 2: Reason for Selecting Area of Research
Task 3: Method of Investigation
Task 4: Data Collection Instrument
Task 5: Procedures for Data Collection
Task 6: Presentation of Data
Task 7: Analysis and Interpretation of Data
Task 8: Statement of Findings
Task 9: Recommendations and Implementation Strategy
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I have taken effort in this project; however it would not have been possible without the kind support and help of many individuals and book publishers. I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all of them.
I am highly indebted to Modules In Social Studies by Rampersad Ramsawak and Ralph .R Umraw for providing necessary information regarding this rese- arch. I would like to express my gratitude towards my family ,friends and the the persons in my community who participated,for their kind co-operation and encouragement which help me in completion of this project, And most of all to God for making this possible.
TASK 1: STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
* What factors contribute to the increasing problem of teenage Pregnancy?
* How does this problem impact the lives of children?
* What can be done to decrease the cause of teenage pregnancy?
TASK 2: REASONS FOR SELECTING THIS AREA OF RESEARCH This area of research was chosen because it is a prominent issue that could be address in a better light. The researcher want to explore the options or me- asures that can assist these teenagers and also what can be done to eliminate the increase of teenage pregnancy in the community of Maroon Town.
TASK 3: METHOD OF INVESTIGATION
The method of investigation chosen to implement data is in the form of a questionnaire that was shared randomly to persons
within my community.
TASK 4: DATA COLLECTION INSTRUMENT
Instructions: Please read the following questions and put a tick in the box provided or answer on the spaces.
2. To which age group do you belong ?
9- 12 years
13- 15 years
16- 19 years
20- 50 years
3. How long have you been a resident of this community?
3- 5 years
7- 10 years
12- 15 years
4. To which ethnic group do you belong?
5. What is your level of education?
6. What is the highest grade you completed?
8- 9 grade
10- 11 grade
7. At what age did you become sexually active?
11- 13 years
14- 16 years
17- 18 years
19- 20 years
8. How many children do you have?
3- 4 children
Over 5 children
9. How did you first find out about sex?
10. What is your main source of financial support?
11. Are you currently working?
12. If not why?
13. Do you think that peer influences affect your opinion on sex? Yes
14. What are the main causes of teenage pregnancy?
Lack of parental guidance
Sexual assault or rape
15. How does teenage pregnancy affect a teenagers education?
16. What are the advantages and disadvantages or teenage pregnancy?
17. What were the challenges faced during your pregnancy?
18. What measures can be taken to reduce the cause of...