a) 15360 (b) 153600 (c) 30720 (d) 307200
2. A wire bent in the form of a square encloses an area of 484sq.cm.what will be the enclosed area when the same wire is bent in the form of a circle?
a) 462sq.cm (b) 539sq.cm (c) 616sq.cm (d) 693sq.cm
3. Iron weighs 8 times as much as oak. Find the diameter of an iron ball whose weight is equal to that of the ball of oak 18cm in diameter.
a) 4.5 cm (b) 9 cm (c) 12 cm (d) 15 cm
4. The radius of the base and height of a cone are 3cm and 5cm respectively whereas the radius of the base and height of the cylinder are 2cm and 4cm respectively. The ratio of the volume of cone to that of the cylinder is:
a) 1:3 (b) 15:8 (c) 15:16 (d) 45:16
5. A watch which gains uniformly is 2mins slow at noon on Monday and is 4mins 48sec fast at 2p.m. on the following Monday. When was it correct?
a) 2 p.m. on Tuesday (b) 2p.m on Wednesday(c) 3p.m. on Thursday (d) 1p.m. on Friday
6. The cost of carpeting a room 18m long with a carpet 75cm wide at Rs.4.50 per metre is Rs.810.the breadth of the room is:
a) 7m (b) 7.5m (c) 8m (d) 8.5m
7. The front wheels of a wagon are 2π feet in circumference and the rear wheels are 3π feet in circumference. When the front wheels have made ten more revolutions than the rear wheels, how many feet has the wagon travelled?
a) 30π (b) 60π (c) 90π(d) 150π
8. A cylinder and a cone having equal diameter of their bases are placed in a minar one on the other, with the cylinder placed in the bottom. If their curved surface area are in the ratio 8:5, find the ratio of their heights. Assume the height of the cylinder to be equal to the radius of the minar.
a) 1:4 (b) 3:4 (c) 4:3 (d) 2:3 (e) 3:2
9. A right circular cone and a right circular cylinder have equal base and height. If the radius of the base and the height are in the ratio 5:12, then the ratio of the total surface area of the cylinder to that of the cone is:
a) 3:1 (b) 13:9 (c) 17:9 (d) 34:9
10. A watch which gains 5secs in 3mins was set right at 7a.m.in the afternoon of the same day, when the watch indicated quarter past 4o’clock, the true time is:
a) 59(7/12) min past 3 (b) 4p.m. (c) 58(7/11) min. past 3
(d) 2(3/11) min. past 4
11. A room is 15feet long and 13feet broad. A mat has to be placed on the floor of this room leaving 1.5 feet space from the walls. What will be the cost of the mat at the rate of Rs.3.50 per square feet?
a) Rs.378 (b) Rs.472.50 (c) Rs.496 (d) Rs.630
12. A toothed wheel of diameter 50cm is attached to a smaller wheel of diameter 30cm.how many revolutions will the smaller wheel make when the larger wheel make 15 revolutions?
a) 18 (b) 20 (c) 25 (d) 30
13. A circular tent is cylindrical to a height of 3m and conical above it. If its diameter is 105m and the slant height of the conical portion is 53m, calculate the length of the canvas 5m wide to make the required tent.
a) 3894 (b) 973.5 (c) 1947 (d) 1800
14. Consider the volumes of the following:
1. A parallelepiped of length 5cm, breadth 3cm and height 4cm.
2. A cube of side 4cm
3. A cylinder of radius 3cm and length 3cm
4. A sphere of radius 3cm
The volumes of these in decreasing order are:
a) 1,2,3,4 (b) 1,3,2,4 (c) 4,2,3,1 (d) 4,3,2,1
15. How many times in a day, are the hands of a clock in straight line but opposite in direction?
a) 20 (b) 22 (c) 24 (d) 48
16. The length and breadth of a floor of the room are 20 feet and 10 feet respectively. Square tiles of side 2 feet of different colors are to e laid on the floor. Black tiles are laid in...