Interpretation of Data

Topics: Chart, Bar chart, Ratio Pages: 2 (798 words) Published: March 29, 2011
interpretation of Data
            Predial Larceny is becoming a growing problem in societies and in Jamaica. The factors which influence Predial Larceny are many and the effects are numerous. In the research conducted in the Shirehampton District, all persons have been affected by Predial Larceny in one way or another. This has not gone unnoticed by the residents of Jamaica and the world itself. As published by the Jamaican Gleaner on December 4, 2007 “Predial Larceny Jamaica's worst problem”. In the following year, the Gleaner reported that “crop thieves have taken root in rural communities” (September 29, 2008) thus giving me motivation to conduct this research in the community.             The demographic information shows that in Figure 1, bar graph 1 there was a total of 25 persons who participated in the research. There were 20 Males and 5 Females with 80% and 20% respectively. The ration of 4:1. This goes further to state that the criteria by which they were chosen (randomly) more males participated than females. The age range as shown in Figure 2 bar 2 persons in the 16-21 age range was 20% a total of 5 persons, 22-28 was 12% a total of 3 persons, 29-36 was 28% a total of 7 persons and with there 37 and over age group a total of 40% with 10 persons answering from that group.                In Figure 3, pie chart 1 the study revealed that the larger percentage of Predial Larceny was influenced by Bad mind 68% while they thought that wasting time 4% had the least influence on those committing Predial Larceny. “‘Getting more help from the Agriculture Sector will help reduce the country’s Predial Larceny problems.” was taken from The Gleaner on an Issue released on Thursday January 31, 2002.             Persons find it hard to provide for their family when their crops are stolen. But District members think that persons steal crops to sell for profit. This is backed by the responses made by respondents with 92% agreeing. The other 8% thought they used the...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Demographic Data Interpretation Essay
  • interpretation Essay
  • Interpretation of "To Be or Not to Be" Essay
  • Essay on Data Analysis Presentation Interpretation
  • Statistical Data Analysis and Interpretation Essay
  • Essay about WK8Dissc Data Interpretation Practicum
  • Essay on BIG DATA

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free