Submitted to the Faculty of
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATION
Edutown BSD City
| | |Stephanie Theresia | | | |Format : 28-01-2011 | | | | | |Supervisor | |Dean | | | | | | | | | | | | | |T. Marlene Danusutedjo | |Rudy Tobing, SE.,MBA. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Author would like to thank to these persons who have given support and motivation to complete this report.
• To the Faculty of Public Relations and Communication of Swiss German University: for the chance to have internship to apply knowledge that has been taught in the classroom, and for the ccounseling times that has been conducted in addition to assist in the work report.
• To Ms. Ezmiralda who has assisted the process to finish this report and gave a lot of explanations to avoid mistakes.
• To Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta for the chance for author to learn a lot. Author is grateful for this chance to do internship in Four Seasons Hotel, which is five stars hotel with international standard.
• To Public Relations department of Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta for the opporunity that has been given develop knowledge by doing a lot of jobs independently, and for their assistant.
• To all friends and families who support author and cheer up during the internship and the writing of this report.
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF MASS MEDIA
IN FOUR SEASONS HOTEL JAKARTA
The purpose of this study was to investigate the importance of mass media in Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta. According to literatures, a lot of company use media to promote their products or services, unfortunately the company spends a lot of budget, but ended up with damage because of misuse. This study is important for business industries to avoid the loose because of that misuse.
Qualitative method was applied in this research, and author interviewed some important persons on decision making about mass media, such as advertisement and publication.
Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta has used mass media (digital...