As student of BBA with the requirement of my course, I was assigned to the Mutual Trust Bank Limited, Dhanmondi Branch (MTB), from 14th September to 14th December for my Internship.
The purpose of the report is to get the idea about the Account Opening Activities of the Mutual Trust Bank, Dhanmondi Branch. This study is more or less related with Account Opening Activities. This report is reflecting the position of the Mutual Trust Bank Limited in the banking industry.
1.2 Origin of the Report
This report is the accomplishment of the internship program as required for the completion of the BBA course the Northern University Bangladesh. This is the result of 12 weeks internship program at the Mutual Trust Bank Ltd., Dhanmondi Branch.
1.3 Objective of the Report
Objective of the report is to give a general idea about the business and operations of Private Commercial Banks and their investments in different sector that promote the economic condition in our country. Account Opening of the report is to fulfill the requirement for completion of the BBA degree.
There are also some others objective:
• To gather practical knowledge.
• To know information about banking.
• To know charges & commissions against loan & services given by MTB.
1.4 Scope of the Report
The internship program is a partial requirement of the BBA program of the Northern University Bangladesh. Which construct a relation and build a bridge between the real life state of affairs and theoretical concepts, and that were taught in the classroom. After completing my forty-(43) courses, it was my great opportunity to get the practical knowledge of the corporate world, that’s why I had to join in the Mutual Trust Bank Limited, Dhanmondi Branch and my internship report is based on the practical knowledge that I have performed. The study would focus specially account opening activities and disbursement process along with general banking activities. The study has covered a curtail idea on MTBL, opening the accounts by general banking department of MTBL, Dhanmondi Branch. Mentioning that, operations of general banking department are closely related to other department’s activity as well.
1.5 Methodology of the Report
This report has been prepared on the basis of experience gathered during the period of internship In order to prepare this report, I have also collected information from organization. I have presented my experience and findings through using different table charts which are presented sequently.
1.5.1 Source of data
The following sources have been used to reach the objectives:
• Primary sources and
• Secondary sources.
The primary sources are as follows:
• Face to face conversation with the respective officers and staffs of the Branch. • Informal conversation with the client.
• Practical work exposures from the different desks of the department branch covered. Secondary sources
The primary sources are as follows:
• Annual report of MTBL.
• Office files and documents of MTBL, Dhanmondi Branch. • Bangladesh Bank Library, NUB Library, News paper etc. • Brochures, Manuals and Publication of Mutual Trust Bank Ltd. • MTB websites.
1.6 Limitations of the Report
• Lack of comprehension of the responds was the major problem that created many confusions regarding verification of customers data.
• Limitation of time was one of the most important factors that shortened the present study. Due to time limitation many aspect could not be discussed in the present study.
• Confidentiality of data was another important barrier that was faced during the conduct of this study. Every organization has their own secrecy that in not relevant to others. While collecting data on Mutual Trust, personal did not...