Internet growth is now currently slowing. This is because of computer costs. Unless the price of computers drop significantly the internet growth rate will continue to decline
8. Why are little monopolies desirable from a marketers' point of view?
10. What pricing strategy turned out to be deadly for many e-commerce ventures during the early days of e-commerce? why?
12. why would the amount of experience someone has using the Internet likely increase future Internet usage?
14. Explain how versioning works. How is this different from dynamic pricing?
16. Research has shown that many consumers use the Internet to investigate purchases before actually buying, which is often done in a physical storefront. What implication does this have for online merchants? What can they do to entice more online buying, rather than pure research?
The fact that many consumers use the Internet to research products before actually making purchases has many implications for online merchants because it suggests that e-commerce is a major conduit and generator of offline commerce. This could mean that e-commerce and traditional commerce should integrate to alleviate the concern. It is very important for online merchants to build the information content on their sites to attract browsers, put less attention on selling, per se, and offer products in offline settings where users feel more comfortable and secure.
18. How are product positioning and branding related? How are they different?
20. Name some of the drawbacks to the four data mining techniques used in Internet marketing??
Query-driven data mining, Model-driven data mining, rule-based data mining, collaborative filtering