6/24/2013 | |
| The internet is the most recent tool that marketers are using to influence consumers. Discuss the impact of the Internet on the five stages of the CDM process. What happens differently, or how does the Internet use these processes to sell more efficiently? |
Internet Exercise #3: CDM Process
1. Need Recognition
During this first stage, the consumer recognizes a need that can be satisfied by a purchase.
What are the ways that Internet marketers are attempting to trigger consumers’ recognition of needs?
* Internet marketers use browser cookies to keep track of consumers’ behavior. Browser cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website.
* Internet marketers are attempting to trigger consumer’s recognition of a need through pop up and banner advertising. Through gathering customer’s email addresses and sending out emails with sales promotions and featured items
* As a medium for communicating with customers or potential customers, the Internet allows the marketers to establish an active dialogue with consumers. By using on-line forums and more advanced interaction space, need recognition becomes more apparent through other consumers’ reviews.
What are some things that Amazon.com is doing to activate need recognition?
* Previous purchasing and browsing information enables Amazon.com to personalize each member’s main page with a variety of product recommendations. By studying individual purchasing and browsing history, Amazon.com recommends other products that individual mostly like to purchase.
* Amazon also offers the deal of the day, lightning deals, best deals, and top coupons. Seeing these items offered at a saving may trigger a consumer to decide that they wish to purchase.
* Amazon uses “the more buying choices” and “frequently bought together” to increase the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 07). Internet Exercise. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Internet-Exercise-1837576.html
"Internet Exercise" StudyMode.com. 07 2013. 2013. 07 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Internet-Exercise-1837576.html>.
- MLA 7
"Internet Exercise." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 07 2013. Web. 07 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Internet-Exercise-1837576.html>.
"Internet Exercise." StudyMode.com. 07, 2013. Accessed 07, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Internet-Exercise-1837576.html.