2. Which device sends data packets to all connected devices in a network? (Points : 1) Network interface card
None of the above |
3. The method of slicing digital messages into parcels, transmitting them along different communication paths, and reassembling them at their destination is called (Points : 1) multiplexing.
4. What is the most important communication standard today for linking disparate computers and networks? (Points : 1) Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) International Standards Organization (ISO)
Open Systems Interconnection (OSI)
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) |
5. In TCP/IP, IP is responsible for (Points : 1)
disassembling and reassembling packets during transmission. establishing an Internet connection between two computers. moving packets over the network.
sequencing the transfer of packets. |
6. On which protocol is the Internet based? (Points : 1) TCP/IP
Frame relay |
7. All network computers connect to a single hub in a (Points : 1) star network.
peer-to-peer network. |
8. In a bus network, (Points : 1)
signals are broadcast to the next station.
signals are broadcast in both directions to the entire network. multiple hubs are organized in a hierarchy.
messages pass from computer to computer in a loop. |
9. A network that covers a large geographic area is most commonly referred to as a(n) (Points : 1) local area network .