The creative economy is a powerful and positive global force. Together, artists, cultural nonprofits, and creative businesses produce and distribute cultural goods and services that impact the economy by generating jobs, revenue, and quality of life. Comprises advertising, architecture, art, crafts, design, fashion, film, music, performing arts, publishing, r&d, software, toys and games, tv and radio, and video games Creativity in the business world.
* In the business world, creativity is crucial to stay ahead of the game – to beat the competition, earn more clients, and money. * In our personal lives, creativity may aid to our well being by helping us advance faster in our careers, have an advantage over our peers, relate better to people, and be happier with what we do. What makes a Company a Creative Company?
CREATIVITY & INNOVATION:
* People that will produce new ideas.
* Study the market – immediate and global - NEEDS
* Not simply something that works
* Nowadays, added value (style, user experience)
* Without money returns you cannot maintain the cycle of innovation. 7 Common Characteristics of Innovative Organizations
1. Strong, clearly expressed, shared values
2. Appreciation of the individual and of his/her contribution 3. Cultures that encourage openness and playfulness
4. Celebrate successes constantly
5. Intense customer focus
6. Awareness of trends
7. Cross-functional teams
Creating a Business Model
A business model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers, and captures value. 4 main areas of a business
4. Financial Viability
Consist of the analysis for whom are we creating value and who are our most important customers. Separate Segments:
1. If their needs...