* 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup cooking oil
* 2 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 tbsp melted butter
* 1/4 cup sugar for sprinkling (optional)
How to make Kababayan Bread:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* Combine dry ingredients - flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
* In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
* Add this mixture into the dry ingredients.
* Grease the muffin pans with butter or baking spray.
* Transfer the mixture into the greased muffin pans using an ice cream scoop or spoon until half-full.
* Bake for 15-18 minutes or until brown.
* Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar (if desired).
* Remove from muffin pans and cool on wire racks.
INGREDIENTS: pan de coco
* 3 cups bread flour
* 1- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
* 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 pouch rapid rise yeast
* 3 egg yolks
* 1/4 cups milk
* 1/2 cup melted butter
* 1/2 cup water
* extra flour for kneading
* sugar for dredging
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
* 1 1/2 tbsp softened butter
* 1 tsp vanilla
How to make Pan de Coco using Manual / Traditional method:
* Dissolve yeast in warm water and 1 tbsp sugar. Stir to dissolve and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
* In a large bowl, combine the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, egg yolks and salt.
* Blend well then add the yeast mixture.
* Add flour to make a moderate stiff dough.
* Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth & elastic.
* Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for at least an hour.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Ingredients. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ingredients-1534760.html
"Ingredients" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ingredients-1534760.html>.
- MLA 7
"Ingredients." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ingredients-1534760.html>.
"Ingredients." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ingredients-1534760.html.