• Lack of vision/Direction: Choose one of the four faces---end-to-end service including consulting in IT services, maintain status quo, expanding leadership in Indian market, end-to-end vertical integration capabilities. Markets: India only vs. Global Branding.
• Advertise what: Value proposition shift from low cost operational high efficiency service provider to include high end business consulting. Not advertising the global brand image but the solutions strategy.
• Lag/Lead vis-a –vis competitors: Low measure on solution impact while high efficiency on GDM. Competitors are multinationals with deep pockets and superior brand establishment.
• Budget: Developing a brand without advertising and creating a sustainable and sensible marketing strategy with limited budget.
Global Branding Strategy
Infosys Global Branding strategy should look at the following factors:
• What is the value proposition of the business they are trying to sell and to whom?
• Correctly identify the higher management (decision makers) in customer organizations and pitch Infosys’s value proposition to them as an end–to-end service provider.
• Infosys has a better price-value proposition than most other firms who are into high end consulting. This has to be brought out to customers categorically. Refer Appendix1.
• Target your existing satisfied customers where there is a need for end-to-end solutions. They are already aware of Infosys GDM and its efficiency in delivery. Infosys should meet their selection criteria of “reputation”, ”industry skills”, ”breadth of expertise” etc through its existing relations. Play on bringing “Infosys Predictability” to high end consulting.
• Try to focus on building your brand through word-of-mouth marketing by satisfied customers in business forums or to your customer’s customer. Image should be:...