This research is being submitted for
Title: Taxes Made Easy!
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about how to use the 1040EZ tax form.
Central Idea: Today, I hope to make tax season easier for you by demonstrating to you how easy it is to fill out and file the 1040EZ income tax form, if you qualify.
Stanton Delaplane once joked about the IRS, saying he heard it had suggested a simplified tax form with only one question: How much money did you make last year? The IRS response was, "Mail it in"." Thank goodness, our taxes haven't gotten quite that bad. It is true though, that the majority of Americans, most of us included, have to bite the bullet every April and toil to find out if we owe Uncle Sam. Lucky for us, the IRS is actually trying to simplify some of the income tax forms, and I am here to demonstrate how to figure out if you qualify for the IRS 1040EZ form, and how to fill it out.
I. The IRS 1040EZ form is a simple two-page tax return that many Americans qualify for.
A. In order to qualify to be able to file Form 1040EZ, a person must meet ALL of the following requirements:
1. Your filing status must be single, or married jointly filing.
2. You don't claim any dependents.
3. You don't claim any deductions.
4. You, and your spouse are younger than 65.
5. You taxable income is less than $100,000.00.
6. You have only wages, salaries, tips, unemployment compensation, taxable scholarships, and fellowship grants, and your taxable interest is less than $1500.
7. You don't claim an education credit, retirement savings contribution, or health insurance credits.
8. You didn't receive any advance earned income credit payments.
9. You don't owe any household employment taxes. (Form 1040EZ-Tax tips and description)
Cite This Essay
(2012, 05). Informative Speech Outline. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Informative-Speech-Outline-1000718.html
"Informative Speech Outline" StudyMode.com. 05 2012. 2012. 05 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Informative-Speech-Outline-1000718.html>.
- MLA 7
"Informative Speech Outline." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 05 2012. Web. 05 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Informative-Speech-Outline-1000718.html>.
"Informative Speech Outline." StudyMode.com. 05, 2012. Accessed 05, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Informative-Speech-Outline-1000718.html.