I. Introduction - Good morning everyone. When was the last time that you consumed something so delicious and knew that you were remaining healthy and all natural? Who knows, it could have been yesterday or the day before, but the fact of the matter is that there is one great way to reward your taste buds and nourish your body, smoothies. My name is , smoothie enthusiast you could say. Smoothies are blended drinks typically containing a combination of fruits, vegetables, and juices, with the purpose being to combine unique ingredients and produce an end product that will leave your mouth watering. Author of the smoothie handbook says, “Once someone starts to drink a smoothie they start to get compliments on how radiant their skin looks, on how slim their body is becoming, and on how much vibrant energy they have” (DaNae). So why are they such a big deal? Allow me to ask you this: Why would you order a whole meal when you could grab a smoothie on the go and fill your body up, while still remaining health conscious? Thesis: As I continue to inform you about smoothies, I hope that you will come to understand exactly how smoothies are healthy, delicious, and practical. Now, let’s move on to the health aspect of smoothies. II. Body
I. The Health Aspect
A. Ingredients (easy to add nutrients)
1. Fruit - Basic Ingredient, add for taste, stay relative
2. Vegetables (add for health benefits, not always taste here)
3. Juice (keep it minimal; add more, less, depending)
B. Health without cost - tastes the same (rather than paying tons for weight loss)
1. Add vitamins (vitamin C, D, other vitamins and supplements)
-“Clinical trials of antioxidant supplements have not shown a clear benefit from taking these agents” (Greenberg).
2. Add protein/powder, no problem
3. Add those vegetables you wouldn't normally eat
4. ““Depending on what you toss in them, smoothies offer a wide range of immediate...