The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is a large company with approximately 3,000 employees. Our Information Technology Systems Department's mission is to provide the Information Technology (IT) expertise and services that will enable the Laboratory to achieve its goals in national security, space science and technology, and University-related thrusts. (WWW.JHUAPL.EDU)
Our Information Technology and Information Systems department is responsible for numerous tasks for the Laboratory. There are five groups within the department.
1. The Focused-Enterprise Applications Development Group This group was created to develop, implement, and support software solutions that are targeted for a common community.
Oracle Financial Suite
PeopleSoft Human Resources Application
Remedy Platform resource application
2. The Cross-Enterprise Applications Development Group is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software for cross-users to support Laboratory business, processes and service delivery.
3. The Desktop Services Group provides desktop services to members depending on the needs and requirements of the staff. They achieve a "high touch" interaction with staff.
4. The Server Systems Group supplies infrastructure server services for the laboratory's server-based requirements.
5. The Networking & Telecommunications Group facilitates the interconnection of information resources and communication, and in responsible for the network and computer security. It also is responsible for classified messages, and manages the COMSEC account.
The ITSD Department Management is as follows:
Department Head Eric Bohn
Managing Executive Lora Suther
Chief Engineer For Applications Judith French
Business Office Dawn Finnerty
Each of the above sections are directly related to IT and IS. They are closely... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2006, 11). Information System. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2006, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Information-System-99714.html
"Information System" StudyMode.com. 11 2006. 11 2006 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Information-System-99714.html>.
"Information System." StudyMode.com. 11, 2006. Accessed 11, 2006. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Information-System-99714.html.